From Path of the Vampire Wiki
|This article requires cleanup or modification to improve clarity and readability.|
To use a terminal, you must enter one of the many cafes across the city (red buildings, usually with the word "Cafe" in the name), move away from the exit, and click "Activate Terminal". There are several menu options, and the terminal also displays the current City Alert Level. You can also use any computer you buy from a Shop, after you set it down inside the home you reside in.
In this section, the terminal menu is broken down and explained, so that you as the player know what to do with each menu.
Your character has multiple options for accessing the computer network as follows:
1. Visit one of the Internet Cafes in town, each offering multiple terminals for public usage.
- Interwebz - Coastside
- Moonlight Lotus Cafe - Wickbridge
- Riverview Internet Cafe - Gullsborough
- Station Net Cafe - Honeymead
- VooDoo Cybercafe - Gullsborough
2. Use either a computer terminal or a webphone. Both, of which, can be purchased from a shop. Terminals can be placed inside any type of property owned by your character. i.e. Apartments, Houses, Crypts, Business locations, etc. The webphones are mobile devices that can be accessed through your inventory under the Misc. tab. Hacking is not available while using a webphone.
CrowNet can only be accessed by vampires. It is a secret internet network controlled by a mysterious vampire referred to as The Crow, but very few have even heard of him or her, and nobody knows anything in detail.
When you log into CrowNet, you will have the following options.
Please select an action 1. View independent hit-list. 2. View most wanted list. 3. View sighting requests. 4. View wraith guide locations. 6. Access CrowNet forum. 7. Access CrowNet chat. 8. Read Emails. 9. Moonlight Warehouse Auction
Here you can compose or receive in game emails on a variety of subjects. Please be aware that if you send an email, it can not be read by the other person until they get to a computer terminal or have a hacked webphone, however they will be alerted on-grid that they've received a message.
How do I email?
Click the Compose link, enter a recipient and subject line, then type away, just like regular email!
Please be aware that an email uses plain text. Paragraph breaks will appear in the sent email and HTML codes will not work.
1. Enter a random system. 2. Run a training simulation. 3. Find / delete evidence of vampires. Low security system. Medium security system. High security system. Super-high security system. 4. Sabotage a business. Name: 5. Specific system ID (coming shortly). 6. Connect to police database (coming shortly). 7. Tap into a camera feed (coming shortly). 8. Program Custom Scripts.
Listed here are the properties that have not been bought up yet by players. This real estate is available for purchase directly from this menu. Purchasing a property will teleport you to its location.
There are two ways to pay for available properties -in-game cash or Karma. Cash is earned while playing the game. Karma can be purchased via donation to Mooncalf Studios by clicking the link found next to the word Karma, located underneath the cash display.
The Moonlight Auction Warehouse is the city's only underground auction house.
The front page of the auction allows you to see what auctions are currently ongoing, listed from nearest to ending to newly added. On the left side you will see a group of filters that allow you to pick out which type of items you wish to browse. You can filter this by item type or type of auction, or if you know what item you're search for specifically, you can search for it by name. After submitting your search criteria, you will see an updated list of items being sold, how much they are going for and who has the last bid.
While most items on the auction are added by player characters, NPCs also add items to the auction at regular intervals. These items randomly drawn from all available items, and the frequency of a given item being auctioned by an NPC will depend on the item's rarity. Rare items will be priced accordingly, with all prices much higher than the typical going rate.
This allows you to see what items you have available and list items you wish to sell. After choosing which item to put up for auction, you must then choose the type of sale - buy now or a true auction. Then, you set the purchase price/minimum bid and the duration that the item will remain up for sale.
Once an item has been listed, it will appear on the left hand side under "Your Listings." This shows you what you are currently selling, auction expiration time and the last bid on that item. It also allows you to remove a buy-now item from the auction listing. If an item is put up for auction, however, it cannot be removed.
- Crownet Menu Display
- To find out the current human/vampire relationship, simply look beneath this menu and you will see the status displayed.
- Independent Hitlist
- Anybody can be added to this list by other players for any reason.
- Posting a bounty of $1500 or more will now attract the attention of Hitmen, who will attempt to cash in on this bounty. The higher the bounty, the more chance they will wound the target.
- Please be aware by putting a bounty on someone else, you also can place a target on yourself.
- Most Wanted List
- If your name is on the list, this means that you have been spotted doing different activities by law enforcement and could possibly be hunted.
- This is done by compiling law enforcement wanted lists, so there is no way for your name to be added to this list by others.
- Currently, only those who have a notoriety of 10 or higher is shown on this list.
- Notoriety decreases naturally, 3 points a day. However there are other ways to decrease this faster, should you want to get your name off the list.
- You will remain on the list at least 24 hours after lowering your notoriety to a point where it is below 10.
- Sightings Request
- When you enter a sighting in, please be aware that your target will have to be hit in order to clear to the sighting.
- You cannot claim a sighting on yourself.
- In order for you to collect a sighting request, you have to put in the location first AND then hit the target at that location.
- Wraith Sightings
- These are where you can report the spotting of one of the Wraith Guides like Hantu.
- Simply enter in the location and the sighting list will be updated.
- Access Crownet Forum
- This allows you to access the following in character (IC) crownet forums:
- Word on the Street
- Just Business
- Fact or Fiction
- By accessing these, you will have to roleplay your character. If you are simply a gamer character and do not wish to do this, feel free to avoid these forums.
- This allows you to access the following in character (IC) crownet forums:
- Access Crownet Chats
- This link is for in character chats.
- This is NOT for out of character chatting.
- Read Emails
- These is for in character emails that your character can click on and read.
- These are not out of character.
- Moonlight Warehouse Auction
- This link is for checking your auction items that are on sale and seeing how the bidding is going.
- You can also use this to bid on items you are interested in or outright but those items which the buy no option avaliable.
Here you can compose or receive in game emails on a variety of subjects. Please be aware that if you send an email, it can not be read by the other person until they get to a terminal or have a hacked webphone.
Standard text, including with paragraphs, written simply does not appear in the sent email. The receiver will get only one continuous line of text, with no paragraph distinction. If you are the sort to be bothered by that and want to include paragraphs, underline, italic, bold, or lists, you will need to use the following:
- <b>for bold</b>
- <s>strike through</s>
- <p>for paragraph</p>
- <hr> for a line break
- * for lists, like this one
1. Enter a Random system
- This gives the user the ability to hack into random systems looking for files that they can later sell for money.
- Files downloaded from here may be sold at any shop.
- You must have scripts in order to hack properly. Basic scripts like Delete V1 and Transfer V1 are the basic necessary scripts one must have to hack. Without scripts, you will not be able to hack at all.
- There are more advanced scripts, however its better to run training stimulation and use lower level scripts until you are comfortable with the process. There are many users who have advanced hacking knowledge and are willing to help if you post for help.
2. Run a training stimulation
- This is meant for practice for all those new or not comfortable with hacking.
- The files downloaded are not real files and therefore will not exist in your inventory.
- At the end of stimulation, you will receive the following message: "You gained 10 mind exp for the hack."
3. Find / delete evidence of vampires.
- Low security system.
- Medium security system.
- High security system.
- Super-high security system.
4. Sabotage a business.
5. Specific system ID (coming shortly).
6. Connect to police database (coming shortly).
7. Tap into a camera feed (coming shortly).
8. Program Custom Scripts.
- Available Real Estate
- Listed here are those properties that have not been bought up yet by players.
- There are two ways to pay. You can pay with incity grid Coins or Karma. Incity grid money is made by Hacking, Getting Items to sell, Picking up wallets or the various other ways located in the city. Karma can be bought with real cash by clicking the link found next to the word Karma, located underneath the cash display.
- For more information please follow this link: Buying Houses
- Current Auctions
- This allows you to see what auctions are currently ongoing.
- On the left side you will see a group of filters that allow you to pick out which auction you want to look at. Whether by type of item or type of auction.
- On the right side you will see an updated list of items being sold, how much they are going for and who has the last bid.
- Sell Items
- This allows you to see what items you have listed or allow you to list an item.
- On the left hand side, you will see a list titled "Your Listings", this shows you what you are currently selling, auction expiration time and the last bid on that item.
- On the right hand side you have the option to put up an item for auction. You can also put a minimum bid and how long you would like the item to stay available for auction.